Why Instagram is the Top Social Media Platform
Up until recently, when the words “social media” were mentioned, Facebook automatically came to mind. Facebook has, and currently is a dominating social force, but things are starting to change. We at Gatherr believe that for optimal business growth, investing energy into an Instagram account will result in more success than Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat combined. Not only has Instagram made the app more user-friendly, it has been catering to the needs of businesses, and customers alike. Some examples of this is the implementation of the ‘business account’ that comes with a contact button so followers can access a phone number, email address, location, directions, and hours seamlessly. It seems that Instagram has captured some of the best elements of other social media platforms and incorporated them all into their layout. Below, we have outlined 8 reasons why Instagram is reining as the top social media platform for brand engagement, growth and likability.
1. Instagram has over 400 million current users, and the growth rate is immense. Instagram posts consistently receives more likes and followers per day than both Twitter and Facebook, due to accessibility of content. Some people even choose to buy automatic Instagram likes to help their posts gain more attention.
2. The beauty of Instagram is that it creates a sense of intimacy, and allows followers to dive into your world. The app gives brands the freedom to display their personality and creativity in endless ways.
3. Since Instagram is a visual platform and content consists of pictures and not text, it makes Instagram less political than Facebook, which results in more positive interactions.
4. Instagram is the only social media platform where everything a business posts will show up in a follower’s newsfeed – you are able to leave and then return and instantly catch up.
5. Opposed to Twitter, Snapchat and Facebook, reports find that Instagram has basically no gender skew, which results in an equal balance between male/ female users. This allows for more brand opportunity and customer demographics.
6. With smartphone users spending between 3-4 hours per day on their phones, this allows people to spend a lot of this time on Instagram, as it’s one of the few mobile-focused social media platforms.
7. Instagram’s layout encourages brands to interact with their audience instantly, which creates better customer service, loyalty, and trust.
8. Instagram values and promotes authenticity, as it recently wiped out fake accounts. When you see the number of followers of a specific brand, you can trust that those numbers are real. Instagram also verifies brand and public figure accounts, to eliminate confusion, duplicate accounts, or misinformation.
Do you agree that Instagram is the top social media platform for brands to invest in? We’d love to hear from you!